W4ZD Callsign Prefixes Database
Search for Prefix: Exact Match Similar Match
Lookup Prefix from Callsign:
- Browse allows you to scroll through the entire database by pages.
- You can sort on any column by clicking on the column heading. A small arrow head appears beside the column being sorted. The default sort is "ascending," but clicking on the column a second time will reverse the sort to "descending," indicated by a downward pointing arrow head.
- At the bottom of the list are controls for page size, previous and next page, and for going to a specific page.
- Search allows you to locate a specific prefix or prefixes within the database. Two types of searches are offered, an "exact" search and a "similar" search.
- An exact search looks for strict equality, so that if you enter "W" it will find a single record: "W - United States of America."
- A similiar search looks for any prefix that begins with what you enter. Thus, a similar search on "W" will return the records for W,WH,WH0,WL,etc.
- Lookup finds prefix records based on a callsign. It will parse any valid callsign.
- You can enter callsigns in any of these example formats: W4ZD, W4ZD/1, W4ZD/3D2, or 3D2/W4ZD.
- This function is designed to tell you where a station is located, so any portable prefix or suffix overrides the base callsign. Thus, entering W4ZD/4K1 will return "South Shetland Island," not "USA."